VentureBean is passionate about results and it shows in the success of our clients. Companies that work with us usually outperform the market. We share our clients ambitions. We work to understand their reality and deliver tangible results through strategic decisions and practical actions.
Learn more by reading our featured client success stories.
- Lifestyle products enterprise with clients pan-India and all major hotels / resorts in SE Asia, Maldives, Mauritius – resulted in 3X revenue growth in 4 years - expansion in product portfolio, customer segments / value chains, geographies, review mechanisms, risk management
- IT firm with operations in USA , Australia - move from stagnant revenue over previous 4 years to over 30% increase in current financial - growth planning (portfolio, customers,, geographies, SBUs), business advisory, process improvement
- Eco-friendly furniture chain - business growth planning, advisory for scaling (business processes + governance)
- Medical devices firm in Mumbai - business growth planning, KPIs for all functions, process mapping, governance
- Breakfast / grocery items firm with operations in 3 cities - business process optimisation for growth
- Coaching for MD Designate for global role, nsored by European Principal, matrixed Billion $ global organisation, leader in segment
- Coaching COO + 6 functional leaders in IT global major for improving CSAT which was stagnant or declining over past years
- Coaching for MD + 33 business & functional leaders in India’s fastest growing digital agency - for managing change due to steep business growth, resulting in improvement in productivity, increased sales closures / revenue growth & client retention
- Coaching senior management for role transformations in IT / global financial services major (technical specialists for leadership roles that requires general management, high- potential key performers for next roles)
- Leadership development programs for global manufacturing major, global healthtech firm, infrastructure and mining majors
- Family Business: Leadership aligned to a common vision, goal + succession management
- Transactional Advisory (including Valuation, Due Diligence, Risk Management, Capital Structuring, Mergers and Acquisitions) for Indian design firm taking over a larger retail chain in Nordics, energy major, leading IT Services company (full cycle M&A program from target identification to closure of transaction and making strategic investments)
- CFO Services – for global furnishing player, commodities firm, healthcare etc
- Fund-Raising – Debt and Equity for multiple firms – early stage and SMBs – multiple sectors
▪ Start-up firm wishing to be an E-commerce marketplace for Kitchenware.
▪ Business Plan / Structure, identifying key differentiators for sustenance / growth, leading to funding
Engagement & Results
Across 6 months of engagement, VentureBean helped to pivot the business, with multiple lines of business / value-verticals, with e-commerce just an enabler and instead of being a kitchenware marketplace, they are on their way to being a one-stop kitchen expert.
VentureBean value-add has been in the following areas :
▪ Revenue growth : 25% month-on-month – currently @ 90,000 footfalls on website
▪ Increased lines of revenue generation including
▪ Wholesale – Targeting Small Retailers with purchasing power but no accessibility to procure specialty / imported products
▪ Additional channels – Multi-level-marketing – women’s group as hyper-local sales force
▪ Affiliates / collaborations – e.g.,
▪ Happy Roar – Have tied up to serve up complete kitchen segment.
▪ 49to499 – Kitchen Segment fulfilled by ABC.com
▪ Lines of Business (LOBs) increased to include appliances, services
▪ Optimized cost of customer acquisition – Focused customer segmentation / targeting – based on analytics of profile / buying behavior – to optimize campaign management and phased Geographical expansion
Branding including signing on chefs and other key influencers
▪ Financial Management
Focus on staying cash positive
Inventory management process optimized to bring in improved turns @ lower cost; hub & spoke / direct delivery model preferred over stock & sell.
Financial governance and capital structuring.
▪ 13-year IT company into Software Application Development, Managed IT and Enterprise Solutions, Web Presence Solutions, having covered clients across multiple geographies.
▪ Facing slow / stagnant growth, issues with
▪ people (attrition, accountability, performance management) process
▪ Business Development – revenue generation, conversion, pre-sales
▪ Operations – project management, estimation
▪ Finance – cash flow and profitability management
Engagement & Results
This firm approached VentureBean in Dec., 2013 as a one-stop Business Solutions provider to address the challenges faced. The engagement model was customized as a monthly retainer with VentureBean as a Business Advisor. Scope was to include all the processes end-to-end and help in Business Planning / Scaling.
VentureBean Value Addition across 2.5 years of engagement
Strategy / Sales & Marketing
Key achievement – started Qatar office – cash positive in Year 1 and now contributing to 30% + of revenue US on-site / in-country footprint launched Collaborations / networks
20% improvement in revenue generation from traditional Lines of Business (LOBs) – improved closure rates & average order value (AOV) / larger ticket sizes, better positioning / key differentiators etc.
Added additional LOBs on value-chain map – now 15% of revenue
▪ Coaching & Mentoring – of CEO, COO, and their direct reports Hiring / onboarding key experienced professionals for US foray Performance management – retaining high performers, managing bottom quartile, etc.
▪ Improved estimate efficiency & effectiveness – to improve closure
▪ Tight project management – to avoid project scope & time creep
▪ Improved utilization & skilling scale-up to improve cost effectiveness
▪ Improved working of cross-functional teams
▪ Infrastructure group into Airports, Roads, Energy, Water etc
▪ Tier 1 Steel Manufacturer
▪ Top 10 Mining company
▪ Global provider of banking, mortgage, investing, credit card, insurance, and consumer and commercial financial services
▪ Indian company which manufactures retail products such as watches, jewellery, fragrances and eyewear
Scope / Requirement & Engagement
VentureBean delivered the following :
▪ Leadership program across pan-India locations, across verticals for the senior management team across focus competencies
▪ Year-long succession planning exercise for top management including competency mapping, behavioural styles and performance-linked competency development
▪ 18-month key talent skill enhancement program
▪ Coaching / mentoring and customised workshops for key talent